Have you been searching for information on how to become a Game Warden in Wyoming? We have compiled some important information for you on your path to working as a Wyoming Game Warden. A Wyoming Wildlife Officer, or Game Warden, can prove to be a truly rewarding career.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Wyoming Game Warden Requirements
Age: 18 years old or older is required during the period of school entry in Wyoming.
Permit: A legal driver’s license issued from Wyoming is needed.
Military Service: Applicants that are former members of the USA military require ‘Under Honest States’ release documentation.
Legal and foundation History: Nominees that have any of these variables within their backgrounds may be disqualified:
- Felony conviction in another state or Wyoming
- Convicted of any violation that prevents you from carrying a firearm
- Unsuccessful polygraph evaluation
- Unsuccessful urinalysis
Added Requirements: Wyoming Game Warden Assessment
13-week Peace Officer Basic Training Course Includes:
- Court proceedings
- Firearms training
- Trafficking enforcement
- Vehicle search and seizure
- Evidence-assembly best practices
Interview: Nominees are usually going to have a face-to-face panel interview through the later phases of the application procedure.
Medical Condition: An accredited doctor must examine the applicant to make certain that he or she is in good health.
Hearing: Nominees could be subject to a hearing evaluation, and should have a ‘normal’ range of hearing with and without surrounding sound.
Eyesight: Vision correctable in each eye to 20/20 in each eye. Normal binocular color vision vision using a full field of periphery is needed.
Physical Preparation: The applicant should have sound physical condition and be adept at swimming. Applicants must demonstrate success with every element of the physical preparation testing:
- Body weight/makeup
- Timed standards for sit-ups, push-ups, and 12-minute walk/run
Nominees will be evaluated throughout employment and occasionally throughout the training period.
Mental Illness: The applicant should maintain solid mental health that is appropriate to finish training and maintain appropriate eligibility for hire.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Wyoming Game Warden
- Maintain good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication abilities
- Demonstrate a diverse passion for habitat management, species identification, and wildlife ecology/conservation
- Have special familiarity with fish and game regulations and statutes
- Be capable in a number of outside skills, including horseback riding
- Demonstrate proper use and care of firearms
- Effectively and economically utilize, maintain, and fix equipment used on the job
- Be able to follow a budget, and capable of creating reports
- Educate members of the general public about conservation and security problems
Salary Information for Game Wardens in Wyoming
Game wardens in Wyoming take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Wyoming makes a median salary of $62,110 per year.
5400 Bishop Blvd
Cheyenne, WY 82006
Phone: (307) 777-4600