Have you been searching for information on how to become a Game Warden in Washington? We have compiled some important information for you on your path to working as a Washington Wildlife Officer, or Game Warden.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Washington Game Warden Eligibility Requirements
Age: 21 years old or older is required during the period of school entry in Washington.
Permit: A legal Washington-issued driver’s license is needed.
Military Service: Applicants that are former members of the USA military require ‘Under Honest States’ release documentation.
Candidates are subject to references test and an intensive background investigation before being eligible for hire. A Polygraph evaluation and a urinalysis can also be performed.
Disqualifying components can consist of the following:
- Convicted of a felony in another state or Washington
- Charged using a felony found to be mentally incapable
- Hooked on, or in danger of becoming dependent on, narcotics
- Unsuccessful drug testing
Added Requirements for Washington Fish and Game Warden
720 hours of training on law enforcement strategies that are fundamental to prepare recruits for the authority to pursue, to detain, and to use force, when needed, as sheriff’s deputies and municipal police officers.
Interview: Nominees will usually have a face to face panel interview during the later phases of the application procedure.
Medical Condition: An authorized doctor must examine the applicant to ensure that he or she is in good health.
Hearing: The applicant must have hearing sufficient to perform all of the critical responsibilities of the job, including directional, long distance and voice dialogue hearing.
The applicant has to maintain proper physical conditioning and be adept at swimming. Applicants must successfully complete each element of the physical preparation testing:
- 300-meter run
- 5-mile run/walk
Mental Illness: Applicants will take part in a psychological assessment to find out their suitability.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Washington Game Warden
- Required to effectively utilize various firearms and weapons
- Capable on horseback, boats, by airplane, as well as in many different vehicles
- Show an aptitude for composing reports and gathering and maintaining evidence, and testifying in court.
- Skill at gathering and reporting informative data on the states of their habitat and wildlife, as well as fish
- Readiness to professionally and enthusiastically represent the bureau at Washington assemblies and schools of special interest groups
- Efficiently work and negotiate a vehicle
- Professional school or development classes in natural resource management, criminology, psychology, business sciences or management
- Power to work with word processing, spreadsheet, database and e-mail applications in a networked environment
- Power to make small vehicle repairs
- Capable of utilizing professional degree English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading
- Capable of making use of foundational mathematics skills including estimate, payroll/accounts receivable, and advanced arithmetic
Salary Information for Game Wardens in Washington
Game wardens in Washington take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of their state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Washington can make a median salary of $55,780 per year.
600 Capitol Way N.
Olympia, WA 98501-1091
Phone: (360) 902-2200
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Washington
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics