Have you been searching for information on how to work as a Game Warden in Texas? We have compiled some important information for you on your path to working as a Game Warden in Texas. Texas Game Warden requirements are specific. We want to see you succeed on your path toward working as a Texas Game Warden, or Texas Wildlife Officer.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Texas Game Warden
Age: 18 years old or older is the age requirement in Texas during the period of entry to the academy.
Citizenship: Must be a Texas resident during the period of appointment.
Permit: A legal Texas-issued driver’s license is needed. People must consent to take part throughout the state in driver training programs as they appear, or as needed.
Military Service: Applicants that are former members of the USA military require ‘Under Honorable States’ release documentation.
Work Qualifications: Candidates must be able to submit documents that establish eligibility and identity for U.S. employment.
Legal History: Nominees ought to bear in mind as they proceed on the application procedure that they are subject to an all-inclusive background investigation. Disqualifying components may contain the following factors:
- Signs of poor moral character
- Conviction for any felony or Class A Misdemeanor violation at any given time
- Conviction for any Class B Misdemeanor violation within ten years before application date
- On court-ordered probation, supervision or parole for absolutely any unlawful violation beyond that of Class C Misdemeanor
- Found to presently use prohibited drugs
Applicants must have a Bachelors’s level degree from an accredited school or university. Past military or law enforcement expertise will not be a replacement for the schooling demands.
Interview: Candidates are going to have a face-to-face panel interview during the later phases of the application procedure.
Eyesight: Vision corrected to 20/30 in each eye. If vision has been corrected by eyeglasses, the minimum standard is 20/40 and 20/100. If vision has been corrected by soft contact lenses, the minimal standard is 20/200 in each eye. Applicants are required to have ‘regular’ night vision, ‘regular’ peripheral vision, and not be subject to red-green colorblindness.
Physical Preparation: The applicant must maintain sound physical condition and be adept at swimming. Applicants must successfully complete each element of the physical preparation testing, that contains these facets:
- 21 sit-ups in a single minute
- 13 push-ups in a single minute
- 300 meter sprint in maximum of 109 seconds
- 5-mile run in a maximum of 21 minutes 36 seconds
- Dry fire of a duty weapon with both hands in a unsupported kneeling posture
- Dry fire of a duty weapon with five trigger pulls from each hand at a standing position
- Stay afloat for 1 minute after falling backwards in the water; 100 meters swim without resting or support in maximum 5 minutes.
- Execute a surface dive under a 4-foot submerged barricade in the midst of a 100 meter swim.
Mental Illness: The applicant has to maintain appropriate mental well-being that is appropriate to finish training and remain eligible for hire.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Texas Fish and Game Wardens
- Utilize and identify firearms safely and efficiently
- Capable on horseback, boats, airplane, as well as in many types of vehicles
- Show an aptitude for composing reports and maintaining evidence, gathering information, and testifying in court.
- Capability to organize and market hunter education programs
- Capability to gather and report informative data on the states of wildlife/fish and their habitats
- Readiness to professionally and enthusiastically represent the bureau at Texas assemblies and schools of special interest groups
- Efficiently work and negotiate vehicles
- Skilled at making proper use of word processing, spreadsheet, database and e-mail applications in a networked environment
- Skilled at making small vehicle repairs
- Polished with professional degree English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading
- Capability to utilize foundational mathematics skills, including estimate, payroll/accounts receivable, and advanced arithmetic
Salary Information for Game Wardens, or Wildlife Officers, in Texas
Game wardens in Texas generate a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game in their state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Texas makes a median salary of $64,920 per year.
4200 Smith School Road
Austin, TX 78744
Phone: (512) 389-4800
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Texas
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- Criminal Justice, BA
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Homeland Security, BA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics