Have you been searching for information on how to work as a Game Warden in Tennessee? We have compiled some important information for you on your path to working as a Tennessee Game Warden. We want to facilitate you in pursuing your goal of working effectively as a Game Warden or Tennessee Wildlife Officer.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Tennessee Game Warden
Age: 21 years old or older is required at the point of academy entry in Tennessee.
Citizenship: For those who are eligible and have applied for citizenship: proof of U.S. citizenship or of permanent resident alien status. Mandatory to be a resident of Tennessee during the period of appointment.
Permit: A legal Tennessee-issued driver’s license is needed.
Military Service: Applicants that are former members of the USA military require ‘Under Honorable States’ release documentation.
Work Qualifications: Candidates must provide documentation proving eligibility and identity for U.S. employment.
Legal History: As one proceeds through the application process, one must pass an intensive background check. Disqualifying facts include the following:
- Convicted of a felony in another state, or Tennessee
- Hooked on, or in danger of becoming dependent on drugs
- Convicted, and committed to your state institution
- Unsuccessful drug testing before employment
Academic Credentials: High school diploma, or GED, is mandatory and wildlife officers will need to have a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: forestry, environmental or biological sciences, wildlife, fisheries or natural resources management.
Throughout the 8-week class, new officers will gain the abilities that are instrumental to becoming an effective game warden:
- National (and Tennessee) wildlife laws and regulations
- Training for firearms
- Techniques for law enforcement
- Court processes and practices that are best
Interview: Nominees will need to have a face-to-face panel interview during the later phases of the application procedure.
Medical Condition: An accredited doctor must examine the applicant to make sure that he, or she, is in good health.
Hearing: The applicant must have unaided hearing sufficient to perform every one of the critical responsibilities and functions of a wildlife officer, including directional, long distance and voice dialogue hearing.
Eyesight: Visual acuity correctable to 20/20 in each eye. Standard binocular color vision using a a full periphery field is mandatory. Applicants who’ve undergone corrective surgery for visual deficiencies could have to submit additional medical data.
Physical Preparation: The applicant has to maintain sound physical condition and be adept at swimming. Applicants must successfully complete each element of the physical preparation testing.
Mental Illness: Nominees will need to have appropriate mental health for the duties of the job.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Tennessee Game Warden or Tennessee Wildlife Officer
- Required to identify and utilize various firearms
- Capable on horseback, boats, by airplane, as well as in many different vehicles
- Show an aptitude for composing reports and preserving evidence, gathering information, and testifying in court
- Capability to organize and advertise hunter education programs
- Capability to gather and report advice on wildlife/fish and the states of their habitat
- Professional school or development classes in natural resource management, criminology, psychology, business sciences or management
- Competent use of word processing, spreadsheet, database and e-mail applications in a networked environment
- Capability to effectively use professional degree English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading
- Skilled at making use of foundational mathematics skills, including estimate, payroll/accounts receivable, and advanced arithmetic
Salary Information for Fish and Game Wardens in Tennessee
Game wardens in Tennessee take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game in their state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Tennessee makes a median salary of $68,070 per year.
440 Hogan Rd.
Nashville, TN 37220
Phone: (615) 741-2958
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Tennessee
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Criminal Justice, BA
- Homeland Security, BA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Human Services / Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Emergency Management & Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Policy Analysis
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Terrorism, Mediation, and Peace
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- MS in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- A.S. Criminal Justice
- B.S. Criminal Justice
- B.S. International Relations and Security - Cybersecurity
- B.S. International Relations and Security - Global Security
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics