Have you been searching for information on how to work as a Game Warden in Rhode Island? Rhode Island game warden requirements are specific and detailed. We have compiled some important information for you on your path to working as a Rhode Island Game Warden or Wildlife Officer.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Rhode Island Game Warden
Age: 18 years old or older is required in Rhode Island during the period of entry to academy.
Citizenship: Must be a resident of Rhode Island during the period of appointment.
Permit: A legal Rhode Island-issued driver’s license is needed.
Military Service: Applicants that are former members of the USA military require ‘Under Honest States’ release documentation.
Work Qualifications: Candidates should be able to produce documents verifying eligibility and identity for U.S. employment.
Legal History: Nominees ought to bear in mind they are subject to a check for references and an intensive background investigation before being eligible for hire. Disqualifying components range from the following:
- Convicted of a felony in another state, or Rhode Island
- Charged using a felony but found to be mentally incapable
- Hooked on, or in danger to become dependent on, narcotics
- Convicted, and committed to your state institution
- Convicted of any violation which precludes you from carrying a firearm under federal or State law
- Unsuccessful drug testing before employment
POST training contains the following elements that are significant:
- Authorities training
- Physical Fitness Testing
- Criminalistics School
- Small Arms Teachers Training
- Wildlife Forensics
- Yearly inservice training
Interview: Nominees are going to have a face-to-face panel interview during later stage of the application procedure.
Mental Illness: Nominees will need to have appropriate mental health for the duties of the job.
Medical Condition: An authorized doctor must examine the applicant to make certain that he or she is in good health.
Hearing: The applicant must have hearing sufficient to perform functions of a game warden and every one of the critical responsibilities, including directional, long distance and voice dialogue hearing.
Eyesight: Visual acuity correctable in each eye to 20/20. Normal binocular color vision using a complete area of periphery is demanded. Nominees that have experienced corrective eye surgery to satisfy minimum vision standards could possibly be asked to submit additional info.
Physical Preparation: The applicant must maintain sound physical condition and be a skilled swimmer. Applicants must successfully complete each part of the physical preparation testing.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Rhode Island Game Warden or Rhode Island Wildlife Officer
- Capable on horseback, boats, by airplane, as well as in a number of vehicles
- Show an aptitude for composing reports and preserving evidence, gathering data, and testifying in court
- Capability to organize and market hunter education plans
- Confidence to gather and report info on fish/wildlife and the states of their habitats
- Skilled at making use of word processing, spreadsheet, database and e-mail applications in a networked environment
- Talent for making small vehicle repairs
- Capability to utilize professional degree English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading
- Capability to make use of foundational mathematics skills, including estimate, payroll/accounts receivable, and advanced arithmetic
Salary Information for Fish and Game Wardens in Rhode Island
Game wardens in Rhode Island take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Rhode Island makes a median salary between 40,000 and 60,000 per year.
235 Promenade Street
Providence, RI 02908-5767
Phone: (401) 222-2284
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Rhode Island
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics