Have you been searching for information on how to work as a Game Warden in Oklahoma? We have compiled some important information for you on your path to working as a Game Warden in Oklahoma, or Oklahoma Wildlife Officer. Oklahoma game warden requirements can be detailed. Our goal is to facilitate you on the journey toward working as a Game Warden.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Oklahoma Game Warden
Age: 18 years old, or older, is mandatory during the period of academy entry in Oklahoma.
Citizenship: US citizen and resident of Oklahoma at time of appointment.
Permit: A legal Oklahoma-issued driver’s license is needed.
Military Service: Applicants that are former members of the USA military require ‘Under Honest States’ release documentation.
Work Qualifications: Candidates must be able to produce documentation that substantiates their eligibility and identity for U.S. employment.
Legal History: Nominees ought to bear in mind that they are subject to an intensive background investigation as they proceed on the application procedures. Consider the following components that are considered disqualifying factors:
- Convicted of a felony in another state, or Oklahoma
- Hooked on, or in danger of becoming dependent on, narcotics
- Unsuccessful drug testing before employment
Academic Credentials: High School Diploma or GED is mandatory. It is preferred to have a Bachelor’s degree; if so, one should have a minimum of sixteen hours of coursework that is germane to the field.
Interview: Nominees may have an in person panel interview session during a later phase of the application procedure.
Medical Condition: An authorized doctor must examine the applicant to be confident that he or she is in good health.
Hearing: The applicant will need to have reliable hearing which is sufficient to perform functions of a Warden and every one of the critical responsibilities of the job. This includes identifying sounds in a environment of surrounding sound and while unaided.
Eyesight: Visual acuity of 20/20 at either the corrected or uncorrected level. Normal binocular color vision with peripheral vision that is normal. Applicants who have experienced corrective eye surgery must adhere to minimum visual standards and sometimes submit additional info.
Physical Preparation: The applicant must maintain sound physical condition and be competent at swimming. Applicants must finish every part of the physical preparation testing in the time period that is allowed.
Mental Health: The applicant must maintain great mental health to finish training and be eligible for hire.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Oklahoma Game Warden
- Show an aptitude for composing reports and maintaining evidence, gathering data, and testifying in court
- Capability to organize and confidently advertise hunter education software
- Proficiency at gathering and reporting informative data on fish/wildlife and the states of their habitat
- Professional school or development classes in natural resource management, criminology, psychology, business sciences or management
- Capability to make use of word processing, spreadsheet, database and e-mail applications in a networked environment
- Skilled at making use of professional degree English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading
- Capability to make use of foundational mathematics skills, including estimate, payroll/accounts receivable, and advanced arithmetic
Salary Information for Fish and Game Wardens in Oklahoma
Game wardens in Oklahoma take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Oklahoma earns a median salary of $51,770 per year.
2145 NE 36th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Phone: (405) 521-4640
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Oklahoma
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Homeland Security, BA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- JM: American Legal Studies
- JM: General
- JM: Health Law
- JM: International Legal Studies
- JM: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking) - Legal Studies
- LLM: International Legal Studies
- MPA: Law & Public Policy
- MS: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice: Forensic Psychology
- MS: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- BSCJ – Law Enforcement
- BSCJ – Juvenile Justice
- BSCJ – Homeland Security
- BSCJ – Forensic Psychology
- BSCJ – Crime Scene Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Corrections
- MSCJ - Global Issues in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Law
- MSCJ - Leadership/Executive Management
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Science
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Fire Science
- Bachelor of Science in Fire and Emergency Management
- BS in Corrections
- MS in Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security concentration
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration concentration
- Associate in Science Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Homeland Secu
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Police Admini
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc Human Services
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc in Corrections
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security with concentration in Secure Programming
- AA: Criminal Justice
- BA: Criminal Justice
- BA: Criminal Justice - Criminalistics
- BA: Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics