Have you been searching for information on how to work as a Game Warden in New York? We have compiled some important information for you on your path to working as a Game Warden in New York, or a New York Wildlife Officer. New York Game Warden requirements can be detailed. We are here to assist you with timely information in your journey toward working as a Game Warden.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for New York Game Warden
Age: 20 years old or older is mandatory for a proper application.
Permit: A legal New York-issued driver’s license is needed.
Military Service: Applicants that are former members of the USA military require ‘Under Honest States’ release documentation.
Work Qualifications: Candidates must be able to demonstrate documentation that validates eligibility and identity for U.S. employment.
Legal History: When progressing through the application procedure, applicants must successfully pass a thorough background investigation. Nominees could be disqualified if they’ve the following variables in their background:
- Convicted of a felony in another state, or NYC
- Hooked on narcotics
- Convicted, and committed into a State institution
- Convicted of any violation which prevents you from carrying a firearm under federal or State law
- Unsuccessful urinalysis/ drug testing before employment
Academic Credentials: GED or high school diploma is required; A Bachelor’s degree using a concentration in criminal justice, environmental sciences, environmental studies or an associate’s related expertise in law enforcement AND degree or environmental direction are essential.
Primary Training School for 26 weeks for Uniformed Officers
- Authorities abilities
- Using a police vehicle
- Firearms training
- Physical fitness
- Classroom teaching
- Environmental law enforcement specialized facets
- Assessment with a senior officer of work
Interview: Candidates are going to have a face-to-face panel interview during the process of the application.
Medical Condition: An authorized doctor must examine the applicant to make certain that he, or she, is in good health.
Hearing: The applicant must have ‘regular’ hearing within a background noise environment.
Eyesight: Visual acuity not less than 20/40 without correction in each eye and corrected (in each eye) to 20/20. Normal peripheral vision and normal color vision are needed. Physical Preparedness: The applicant must maintain sound physical condition and be adept at swimming.
Physical: Applicants must successfully complete each element of the physical preparation testing.
Mental Health: The applicant has to maintain mental health that is appropriate to finish training and be eligible for hire.
Desirable Qualifications for New York Game Wardens
- Required to properly utilize various firearms
- Show an aptitude for composing reports and preserving evidence, gathering data, and testifying in court
- Professional school or development classes in natural resource management, criminology, psychology, business sciences or management
- Skilled at working with word processing, spreadsheet, database and e-mail applications in a networked environment
- Capability to make use of professional grade English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading
- Skilled at utilizing foundational mathematics skills, including estimate, payroll/accounts receivable, and advanced arithmetic
Salary Information for Fish and Game Wardens in New York
Game wardens in New York take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of New York makes a median salary of $67,730 per year.
Albany, NY 12233
Phone: (518) 402-8821
Education Programs for Game Wardens in New York
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Homeland Security, BA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- JM: American Legal Studies
- JM: General
- JM: Health Law
- JM: International Legal Studies
- JM: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking) - Legal Studies
- LLM: International Legal Studies
- MPA: Law & Public Policy
- MS: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice: Forensic Psychology
- MS: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- BSCJ – Law Enforcement
- BSCJ – Juvenile Justice
- BSCJ – Homeland Security
- BSCJ – Forensic Psychology
- BSCJ – Crime Scene Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Corrections
- MSCJ - Global Issues in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Law
- MSCJ - Leadership/Executive Management
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Science
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Fire Science
- Bachelor of Science in Fire and Emergency Management
- BS in Corrections
- MS in Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security concentration
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration concentration
- Associate in Science Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Homeland Secu
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Police Admini
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc Human Services
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc in Corrections
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security with concentration in Secure Programming
- AA: Criminal Justice
- BA: Criminal Justice
- BA: Criminal Justice - Criminalistics
- BA: Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics