Have you been searching for information on how to work as a Game Warden in New York? We have compiled some important information for you on your path to working as a Game Warden in New York, or a New York Wildlife Officer. New York Game Warden requirements can be detailed. We are here to assist you with timely information in your journey toward working as a Game Warden.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for New York Game Warden
Age: 20 years old or older is mandatory for a proper application.
Permit: A legal New York-issued driver’s license is needed.
Military Service: Applicants that are former members of the USA military require ‘Under Honest States’ release documentation.
Work Qualifications: Candidates must be able to demonstrate documentation that validates eligibility and identity for U.S. employment.
Legal History: When progressing through the application procedure, applicants must successfully pass a thorough background investigation. Nominees could be disqualified if they’ve the following variables in their background:
- Convicted of a felony in another state, or NYC
- Hooked on narcotics
- Convicted, and committed into a State institution
- Convicted of any violation which prevents you from carrying a firearm under federal or State law
- Unsuccessful urinalysis/ drug testing before employment
Academic Credentials: GED or high school diploma is required; A Bachelor’s degree using a concentration in criminal justice, environmental sciences, environmental studies or an associate’s related expertise in law enforcement AND degree or environmental direction are essential.
Primary Training School for 26 weeks for Uniformed Officers
- Authorities abilities
- Using a police vehicle
- Firearms training
- Physical fitness
- Classroom teaching
- Environmental law enforcement specialized facets
- Assessment with a senior officer of work
Interview: Candidates are going to have a face-to-face panel interview during the process of the application.
Medical Condition: An authorized doctor must examine the applicant to make certain that he, or she, is in good health.
Hearing: The applicant must have ‘regular’ hearing within a background noise environment.
Eyesight: Visual acuity not less than 20/40 without correction in each eye and corrected (in each eye) to 20/20. Normal peripheral vision and normal color vision are needed. Physical Preparedness: The applicant must maintain sound physical condition and be adept at swimming.
Physical: Applicants must successfully complete each element of the physical preparation testing.
Mental Health: The applicant has to maintain mental health that is appropriate to finish training and be eligible for hire.
Desirable Qualifications for New York Game Wardens
- Required to properly utilize various firearms
- Show an aptitude for composing reports and preserving evidence, gathering data, and testifying in court
- Professional school or development classes in natural resource management, criminology, psychology, business sciences or management
- Skilled at working with word processing, spreadsheet, database and e-mail applications in a networked environment
- Capability to make use of professional grade English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading
- Skilled at utilizing foundational mathematics skills, including estimate, payroll/accounts receivable, and advanced arithmetic
Salary Information for Fish and Game Wardens in New York
Game wardens in New York take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of New York makes a median salary of $67,730 per year.
Albany, NY 12233
Phone: (518) 402-8821