Have you been searching for information on how to work as a Game Warden in New Mexico? We have compiled some important information for you on your path to working as a Game Warden in New Mexico, or as a New Mexico Wildlife Officer. New Mexico Game Warden Requirements should be followed closely. We are here to assist you with helpful information to facilitate your journey toward working as a game warden.
Requirements to Become a Game Warden in New Mexico
Age: 18 years of age or older is mandatory at time of entry to academy.
Permit: Must have a New Mexico driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
Military Service: Applicants that are former members of the USA military require ‘Under Honest States’ release documentation.
Work Qualifications: Candidates need to be able to demonstrate documentation of eligibility and identity for U.S. employment.
Legal History: Disqualifying components can include the following:
- Multiple arrests or convictions inside the last three years
- Being on child support payments in arrears
- Convicted of a felony in another state, or New Mexico
- Unsuccessful urinalysis as a result of existence of drugs
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
New Mexico Game Warden Education and Training
Santa Fe Law Enforcement School
The 21-week class prepares candidates in the Wildlife Officer Application procedure. Training to include:
- Environment training that is unique
- Best practices for patrol and management
- Firearms education
- Trafficking enforcement
- Added Special Training
Interview: Candidates are going to have a face-to-face panel interview during the later stage of the application procedure.
Medical Condition: An authorized doctor must examine the applicant to make certain that he or she is in good health.
Hearing: The applicant will need to have unaided hearing sufficient to perform all of the critical responsibilities and functions of a Game Warden.
Eyesight: Visual acuity correctable in each eye to 20/20. Regular binocular color vision using a complete area of periphery is necessary. Applicants who’ve had surgery to enhance eyesight could possibly have to submit additional info.
Physical Openness: The applicant has to maintain sound physical condition and be effective at swimming.
Mental Health: Applicants will be involved in a psychological assessment to ascertain total indexes of mental health.
Discover what online game warden educational opportunities in New Mexico are a match for you!
Desirable Qualifications for New Mexico Game Wardens
- Utilize firearms safely and efficiently
- Show an aptitude for composing reports and maintaining evidence, gathering, and testifying in court
- Capability to organize and to market hunter education systems
- Skill to gather and report info on fish and wildlife and the states of their habitats
- Readiness to professionally and enthusiastically represent the bureau at New Mexico assemblies and special interest groups
- Ability to participate in small mechanical work
- Skill to work with professional degree English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading
- Capability to make use of foundational mathematics skills, including estimate, payroll/accounts receivable, and advanced arithmetic
Salary Information for Fish and Game Wardens in New Mexico
Game wardens in New Mexico take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of New Mexico makes a median salary of $41,260 per year.
PO Box 25112
Santa Fe, NM 87507
Phone: (505) 476-8066
Discover Programs for Game Wardens in New Mexico
(It’s fast and free!)
Choose an area of study & concentration and receive free information about programs you are interested in. Federal and state game wardens are law enforcement officers and wildlife conservation specialists, so having a degree in an area like environmental science or wildlife management is just as important as experience in law enforcement.