If you are searching for information on how to work as a Game Warden in Nevada, you have come to the right place. We have compiled important information that covers such topics as licensing, work eligibility, and desired qualifications to assist you in planning to work as a Game Warden in Nevada, or as a Nevada Wildlife Officer. Nevada Game Warden requirements can be detailed, so make sure that you are on the right path.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Nevada Game Warden
Age: 21 years old or older is required during the period of entry to the academy.
Permit: A legal Nevada-issued driver’s license is needed. As opportunities emerge, candidates must consent to take part in driver safety training along the way.
Military Service: If previously an associate of the military, a release “Under Honorable Conditions” is needed.
Work Qualifications: Candidates must be willing to submit documentation validating eligibility and identity for U.S. employment.
Legal History: Disqualifying components comprise the following:
- Convicted of a felony in another state, or Nevada
- Unsuccessful urinalysis/ drug testing before employment
- Hooked on narcotics
- Convicted offenses that prevent one from carrying a firearm
Academic Credentials: Must have a HS diploma or GED. What is preferred is a four year Bachelor’s degree in a field such as criminal justice or wildlife management. Law enforcement expertise is an equivalent replacement to getting a degree.
Training contains the following areas that are significant:
- Criminal, civil, and court proceeding
- Surroundings training that is unique
- Traffic and patrol exercises
- Firearms training
- Trafficking enforcement
- Added training that is unique
Interview: Nominees usually must have a face-to-face panel interview during the later phases of the application procedure to evaluate conduct and wisdom.
Medical Condition: The applicant has to be analyzed by way of an accredited doctor and make a signed affidavit indicating that he or she is able to perform the obligations of a wildlife officer. Candidates are additionally subject to a polygraph test as well as drug screening.
Hearing: The applicant must have hearing sufficient to perform functions of a Warden and each of the critical responsibilities, including directional, long distance and voice dialogue hearing.
Eyesight: Visual acuity corrected in each eye to 20/20. Applicants who have had corrective eye surgery may have to submit additional info.
Physical Preparation: The candidate has to maintain great physical condition and possess the capacity to perform all listed occupation demands.
Mental Health: Applicants will take part in a psychological assessment to determine their appropriateness for hire.
Desirable Qualifications for Nevada Fish and Game Wardens
- Required to recognize and utilize various firearms
- Proficient in types of patrol, including on foot, on horseback, boats, by airplane, as well as in quite a few vehicles
- Show an aptitude for composing reports and maintaining evidence, gathering data, and testifying in court
- Capability to organize and to market hunter education systems
- Skilled at gathering and reporting informative data on wildlife and fish and the states of their habitats
- Readiness to professionally and enthusiastically represent the bureau at Nevada assemblies, schools, and special interest groups
- Capability to make small vehicle repairs
- Skilled at making use of professional degree English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading
- Skilled at making use of foundational mathematics skills including estimate, payroll/accounts receivable, and advanced arithmetic
Salary Information for Fish and Game Wardens in Nevada
Game wardens in Nevada take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game in the state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Nevada makes a median salary of $60,100 per year.
6980 Sierra Center Pkwy #120
Reno, NV 89511
Phone: (775) 688-1549
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Nevada
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics