Have you been searching for information on how to work as a Game Warden in Nebraska? We have compiled some important information for you on your path to working as a Game Warden in Nebraska, or as a Nebraska Wildlife Officer. Nebraska Game Warden requirements should be followed closely in order to achieve your goals.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Nebraska Game Warden
Age: 21 years old or older is required during the period of application in Nebraska.
Citizenship: U.S. citizenship must be proved and Nebraska residency is essential.
Permit: A legal Nebraska-issued driver’s license is needed. Candidates must consent to take part throughout the state in driver training programs as they emerge.
Military Service: If previously an associate of the U.S. military, a release “Under Honorable Conditions” is needed.
Work Qualifications: Employees must be able to demonstrate documentation that validates eligibility and identity for U.S. employment.
Legal History: A background check is standard. Disqualifying factors would include the following:
- Felony conviction anywhere
- Convicted of any offense punishable annually or more in prison
Academic Credentials: GED or high school diploma is required.
- A character profile assessment
- An evaluation of occupation abilities that are related
Interview: Nominees will usually have a face-to-face panel interview during the later phases of the application procedure.
Medical Condition: The applicant should be assessed by an authorized doctor and make a signed affidavit indicating that he or she is in a position to perform the obligations of a wildlife officer.
Hearing: Nominees could be subject to a hearing evaluation and need a determination of a ‘normal’ range of hearing.
Eyesight: Vision uncorrected or corrected to 20/20 standard. Total binocular vision without signs of color blindness is necessary.
Physical Openness: The nominee must be healthy and able to perform to the state’s minimal time/strain standards for exertion at work.
Mental Illness: Nominees will need to have appropriate mental health for the duties of the job.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Nebraska Fish and Game Warden
- Must be able to utilize firearms.
- Show an aptitude for composing reports and maintaining evidence, gathering, and testifying in court.
- Capability to organize and to market hunter education plans.
- Capability to gather and report advice on the conditions of their habitat and wildlife as well as fish.
- Readiness to professionally and enthusiastically represent the bureau at assemblies and Nebraska schools of particular interest groups.
- Efficiently operate and negotiate a vehicle in challenging conditions.
- Capability to make use of professional degree English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading.
Salary Information for Fish and Game Wardens in Nebraska
Game wardens in Nebraska take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of their state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Nebraska makes a median salary between 40,000 and 60,000 per year.
2200 N. 33rd St. Lincoln
Phone: (402) 471-0641
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Nebraska
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- JM: American Legal Studies
- JM: General
- JM: Health Law
- JM: International Legal Studies
- JM: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking) - Legal Studies
- LLM: International Legal Studies
- MPA: Law & Public Policy
- MS: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice: Forensic Psychology
- MS: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security concentration
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration concentration
- Associate in Science Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Homeland Secu
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Police Admini
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc Human Services
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc in Corrections
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS in Criminal Intelligence Analysis
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics