Have you been searching for information on how to work as a Game Warden in Nebraska? We have compiled some important information for you on your path to working as a Game Warden in Nebraska, or as a Nebraska Wildlife Officer. Nebraska Game Warden requirements should be followed closely in order to achieve your goals.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Nebraska Game Warden
Age: 21 years old or older is required during the period of application in Nebraska.
Citizenship: U.S. citizenship must be proved and Nebraska residency is essential.
Permit: A legal Nebraska-issued driver’s license is needed. Candidates must consent to take part throughout the state in driver training programs as they emerge.
Military Service: If previously an associate of the U.S. military, a release “Under Honorable Conditions” is needed.
Work Qualifications: Employees must be able to demonstrate documentation that validates eligibility and identity for U.S. employment.
Legal History: A background check is standard. Disqualifying factors would include the following:
- Felony conviction anywhere
- Convicted of any offense punishable annually or more in prison
Academic Credentials: GED or high school diploma is required.
- A character profile assessment
- An evaluation of occupation abilities that are related
Interview: Nominees will usually have a face-to-face panel interview during the later phases of the application procedure.
Medical Condition: The applicant should be assessed by an authorized doctor and make a signed affidavit indicating that he or she is in a position to perform the obligations of a wildlife officer.
Hearing: Nominees could be subject to a hearing evaluation and need a determination of a ‘normal’ range of hearing.
Eyesight: Vision uncorrected or corrected to 20/20 standard. Total binocular vision without signs of color blindness is necessary.
Physical Openness: The nominee must be healthy and able to perform to the state’s minimal time/strain standards for exertion at work.
Mental Illness: Nominees will need to have appropriate mental health for the duties of the job.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Nebraska Fish and Game Warden
- Must be able to utilize firearms.
- Show an aptitude for composing reports and maintaining evidence, gathering, and testifying in court.
- Capability to organize and to market hunter education plans.
- Capability to gather and report advice on the conditions of their habitat and wildlife as well as fish.
- Readiness to professionally and enthusiastically represent the bureau at assemblies and Nebraska schools of particular interest groups.
- Efficiently operate and negotiate a vehicle in challenging conditions.
- Capability to make use of professional degree English grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading.
Salary Information for Fish and Game Wardens in Nebraska
Game wardens in Nebraska take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of their state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Nebraska makes a median salary between 40,000 and 60,000 per year.
2200 N. 33rd St. Lincoln
Phone: (402) 471-0641
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Nebraska
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- Criminal Justice, BA
- Homeland Security, BA
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Human Services / Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Emergency Management & Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Policy Analysis
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Terrorism, Mediation, and Peace
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- MS in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- MPA - Criminal Justice
- BSCJ – Law Enforcement
- BSCJ – Juvenile Justice
- BSCJ – Homeland Security
- BSCJ – Forensic Psychology
- BSCJ – Crime Scene Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Corrections
- MSCJ - Global Issues in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Law
- MSCJ - Leadership/Executive Management
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Science
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Fire Science
- Bachelor of Science in Fire and Emergency Management
- BS in Corrections
- A.S. Criminal Justice
- B.S. Criminal Justice
- B.S. International Relations and Security - Cybersecurity
- B.S. International Relations and Security - Global Security
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Master of Science Criminal Justice Critical Incident Mgt
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Corrections
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Criminal Investigation
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Forensic Science
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice - Legal Studies
- AA in Criminal Justice
- BA in Criminal Justice
- BA in Criminal Justice - Criminalistics Specialization
- BA in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Specialization
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics