Are you looking for information regarding how to work as a Game Warden in Mississippi? We have compiled some timely and comprehensive information for you here. Whether you have been seeking how to become a Mississippi Wildlife Officer or Mississippi Game Warden, we have the information that you need. Mississippi Game Warden Requirements should be followed closely in order to achieve your goals.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Mississippi Game Warden
Age: 21 years old or older is required during the period of appointment.
Citizenship: Evidence of U.S. Citizenship or naturalization records are needed. Evidence of Mississippi residency might be deemed necessary.
Permit: A legal Mississippi-issued driver’s license is needed.
Military Service: Military personnel and Veterans require ‘Honest Release’ files.
Hopefully, none of the following facets exists in your personal history:
- Set by court order on probation
- Convicted of a crime or a felony involving moral turpitude
- Convicted of a felony violation
- Convicted of false statement or perjury
- Misdemeanor convictions for wildlife violations or moral turpitude
- Drug violations
Academic Qualifications: Completion of GED or HS diploma is needed. Sixty-four semester hours from an accredited four-year college/university or Associate’s degree from an accredited two-year college or graduation from Mississippi Law Officer Enforcement Training Academy, as well as five years law enforcement experience.
- Written skills test with emphasis on English that is professional; also, math and report writing
- Certification as a law enforcement officer by the Mississippi Law Enforcement Training Commission while in conditional status
Basic Law Enforcement Training
10 week class focusing on:
- Mississippi law
- Search and seizure processes
- Fundamental firearms practice and security
11-week faculty focuses on:
- GPS/Property Navigation
- Water Survival
- Wilderness Tactical Medicine and First Aid
- Hunting Event and Boating Mishap Investigation
- Rescue and search Strategies
- Wildlife Forensics
- Policeman Security and Control Strategies
Interview: Nominees are going to have a proper panel interview with human resources staff and senior officers to judge knowledge, expertise, and conduct.
Medical assessment: Medical staff must assess a nominee to ensure that he or she is in good health.
Hearing: The applicant must have good hearing with or without hearing aids.
Eyesight: The applicant have color vision consistent using the requirements of the occupation, and must have great corrected or uncorrected binocular vision.
Physical Preparation: The applicant must complete a physical preparation test showing that he or she has the capacity to work effectively.
Mental State: Nominees must have sound mental health.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Mississippi Fish and Game Warden
- Show effective utilization of math including data collection, basic bookkeeping, estimating, and advanced arithmetic.
- Exhibit abilities in additional languages.
- Knowledge of wildlife management, law enforcement and habitat resources.
- Create and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Stay dedicated to professional development.
- Efficiently use snowmobiles, boats, and ATVs for pursuit and patrol.
- Demo successful usage of firearms.
- Professional development or school classes in natural resources management, law enforcement, sociology, or psychology.
Salary Information for Fish and Game Wardens in Mississippi
Game wardens in Mississippi take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Mississippi makes a median salary between 40,000 and 60,000 per year.
210 East Capital Street, Suite 800
Jackson MS 39201
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Mississippi
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- JM: American Legal Studies
- JM: General
- JM: Health Law
- JM: International Legal Studies
- JM: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking) - Legal Studies
- LLM: International Legal Studies
- MPA: Law & Public Policy
- MS: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice: Forensic Psychology
- MS: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security concentration
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration concentration
- Associate in Science Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Homeland Secu
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Police Admini
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc Human Services
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc in Corrections
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS in Criminal Intelligence Analysis
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics