Are you looking for information regarding finding work as a Game Warden in Minnesota? We have compiled some great information for you here regarding working as a Game Warden in the state. Minnesota Game Warden requirements should be followed closely in order to properly reach your goals.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Minnesota Game Warden
Age: 21 years old or older is needed during the period of appointment.
Permit: A legal Minnesota-issued driver’s license is mandatory.
Military Service: If previously an associate of any division of the USA military, a dismissal “Under Honorable Conditions” is mandatory.
Work Qualifications: Candidates should be able to provide documentation that validates eligibility and identity for U.S. employment. Nominees will likely be subject to required drug screening.
Legal History: Applicants must pass a fingerprint background check, as well as a polygraph, in order to proceed with the application procedure. Nominees should not have the following in their history:
- Presently on court-ordered probation
- Been convicted of a crime or a felony involving moral laxity
- Convicted of a felony violation
- Substance or alcohol dependence
- Been convicted of false statement or perjury
Additional Requirements for Minnesota Wildlife Officer or Minnesota Game Warden:
- GED or high school is required
- General written test
- Firearms security
- Environmental law
- Defensive strategies
- Physical fitness
- Boat training
- Area Training
Interview: Nominees will have a proper panel interview with human resources staff and senior officers to gauge knowledge and expertise.
Medical assessment: The nominee is going to be assessed by a medical professional to ensure that she or he is in acceptable health.
Hearing: The applicant has to have the capacity to show great hearing with or without hearing devices/aids.
Eyesight: The applicant must have color vision consistent using the demands of a game warden, and will need to have great corrected or uncorrected binocular vision.
Physical Preparation Testing: The applicant must complete a physical preparation test demonstrating that he or she has the capacity to perform the job with at least state minimum standards.
Mental State: The applicant must have mental well-being that is appropriate in accordance with medical standards.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Minnesota Game Warden
- Display effective utilization of English including both oral and written formats.
- Display effective usage of math including data collection, basic bookkeeping, estimating, and advanced arithmetic.
- Open, written and vocal abilities in additional languages are an advantage.
- Knowledge of wildlife management, law enforcement and habitat resources.
- Create and maintain effective interpersonal relationships within as well as beyond the department.
- Stay dedicated to professional development.
- Efficiently use snowmobiles, boats, and ATVs for pursuit and patrol.
- Efficiently use firearms and train others on safety and firearm utilization.
- Professional development or school classes in natural resources management, law enforcement, sociology, or psychology.
Salary Information for Game Warden Minnesota, or Minnesota Wildlife Officer
Game wardens in Minnesota take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game in the state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Minnesota makes a median salary between 40,000 and 60,000 per year.
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155-4040
Phone: (888) 646-6367
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Minnesota
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- Criminal Justice A.A.S.
- Criminal Justice B.S.
- Criminal Justice B.S.
- Criminal Justice A.A.S.
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- Criminal Justice, BA
- Homeland Security, BA
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Policy Analysis
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Terrorism, Mediation, and Peace
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- MS in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- B.S. Criminal Justice
- B.S. International Relations and Security - Cybersecurity
- B.S. International Relations and Security - Global Security
- A.S. Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BA in Criminal Justice
- BA in Criminal Justice - Criminalistics Specialization
- BA in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Specialization
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics