Are you interested in finding out what it takes to work as a game warden in Michigan? We have provided you a helpful outline that details the steps needed to be taken. Michigan Game Warden requirements should be followed closely in order to accomplish your goals.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Conservation Officer Eligibility Requirements in Michigan
Age: 21 years old or older is needed during the period of appointment.
Military Service: Military personnel and Veterans require ‘Honest Release’ files.
Work Qualifications: Nominees will likely be subject to required drug screening.
Applicants who passed the pre-screening will usually take part in a comprehensive fingerprint background check while progressing through the application procedure. Nominees should not have the following in their history:
- Drug addiction
- Presently on court-ordered probation
- Convicted of a crime or a felony involving moral turpitude
- Convicted of false statement or perjury
- Academic Certificate: End of GED or high school is required.
- Evidence of Live Scan fingerprint entry
- Picture ID
- Entry Level Law Enforcement Test with score that is valid
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Occupation-appropriate survey
- Place taste sheet
- Form DD214
A 22-week course comprising basic police officer learning the following:
- Criminal Law
- Environmental Law
- Interview/interrogation techniques
- Waterfowl identification/enforcement
- Game and fish identification/enforcement
- Marine boat operation/enforcement
- Tactical trailing
- Precision driving
- Digital photography
- Firearms strategies/security
- Subject injury/first aid
- Survival strategies/techniques
- Area Training
A 18-week specialty-training class comprising training on the following:
- Drug Identification
- Dangerous Apparatus
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicles) management, patrol and care
- Water Survival
- Crisis Boat Procedures
- Investigation processes
- Fish, reptile, fowl and game identification
- Marine Larceny
- Media Relations
- Property Navigation
Medical assessment: Nominees should be physically capable of working an active outside job in law enforcement in good health.
Hearing: The applicant should have the ability to show great hearing with or without hearing devices/aids.
Eyesight: The applicant must have color vision consistent with all the demands of the occupation, and must have great corrected or uncorrected binocular vision.
Physical Preparation Testing: The applicant must complete a physical preparation test showing that he or she is fully capable of performing the following:
- Must have the capacity to bench press 64% of her or his body weight
- Must have the ability to finish 18 sit-ups in a single minute
Mental Illness: The applicant has to maintain mental health that is appropriate in accordance with medical standards.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Michigan Game Warden or Michigan Wildlife Officer
- Show effective usage of English, including the different facets of English communication for verbal and oral communication.
- Display effective utilization of math, including data collection, basic bookkeeping, estimating, and advanced arithmetic.
- Exhibit abilities in additional languages, if possible.
- Knowledge of wildlife management, law enforcement and habitat resources.
- Stay dedicated to professional development.
- Efficiently use snowmobiles, boats, and ATVs for pursuit and patrol.
- Demo successful utilization of firearms.
- Professional development or school classes in natural resources management, law enforcement, sociology, or psychology.
Michigan Department of Natural Resources
PO Box 30031
Lansing, MI 48909
Phone: (800) 788-1766
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Michigan
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics