Are you interested in how to work as a Game Warden in Massachusetts? We have provided you helpful information here to assist you on your path to working as a Game Warden in Massachusetts, or Massachusetts Wildlife Officer. Massachusetts Game Warden requirements are specific and will need to be followed closely in order to achieve your goals.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Massachusetts Game Warden
Age: 21 years old or older is needed during the period of appointment
Citizenship: Evidence of U.S. Citizenship or naturalization records are mandatory.
Permit: A valid Massachusetts-issued Course ‘D’ driver’s license is mandatory.
Military Service: A dismissal “Under Honorable States” is mandatory if previously an associate of any division of the USA military.
Work Qualifications: Candidates should be able to produce documentation that validates eligibility and identity for U.S. employment. Nominees will likely be subject to required drug screening.
Legal History: Applicants must pass a fingerprint Background check and polygraph to be able to proceed with the application procedure. That is to ensure that nominees don’t have the following in their own history:
- Presently on court-ordered probation
- Been convicted of a crime or a felony involving moral turpitude
- Convicted of a felony violation
- Been convicted of false statement or perjury
Academic Certificate: GED or H.S. Diploma is required. Applicants must have either a significant amount of experience or college credits in as many relevant fields as possible:
- environmental science
- law enforcement
- marine science
Two years instruction may be replaced for just one year of experience.
Power to meet the requirements to get a Firearms Class a permit
- Civil service exam for Environmental Police Officer A&B
- Successfully finishing YMCA program or an American Red Cross
- Written evaluation managed by Massachusetts Department of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Police academy training approved by the Municipal Police Training Committee
Medical assessment: The nominee is likely to be assessed by a medical professional to ensure that she or he is in acceptable health.
Hearing: The applicant have to have the capacity to present great hearing with or without.
Eyesight: The applicant have color vision consistent using the requirements of the occupation, and must have great corrected or uncorrected binocular vision.
Physical Preparation Evaluation: The applicant must complete a physical preparation test showing which she or he has the capacity to finish operation as shown below:
- Extend and reach
- Timed jogging
- 100 yard swim via side stroke, breast stroke and freestyle
Mental Illness: The applicant must maintain appropriate mental well-being as assessed by the state.
- Display effective utilization of English, including both oral and written formats.
- Display effective usage of math, including data collection, basic bookkeeping, estimating, and advanced arithmetic.
- Knowledge of wildlife management, law enforcement and habitat resources.
- High moral character, truthfulness and exhibiting integrity.
- Outstanding communication abilities; for example, aptitude to interact with members of the general public in a manner that is courteous.
- Skill to work without oversight.
- Commitment to Natural Resources.
- Skilled at conforming to department policy and following along with the guidance of managers.
- Capability to work as an associate of a team.
Salary Information for Game Warden in Massachusetts, or Massachusetts Wildlife Officer
Game Wardens in Massachusetts take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of the state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Massachusetts makes a median salary of $45,810 per year.
251 Causeway Street, Suite 101
Boston, MA 02114
Phone: (617) 626-1650
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Masachusetts
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Homeland Security, BA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- JM: American Legal Studies
- JM: General
- JM: Health Law
- JM: International Legal Studies
- JM: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking) - Legal Studies
- LLM: International Legal Studies
- MPA: Law & Public Policy
- MS: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice: Forensic Psychology
- MS: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security concentration
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration concentration
- Associate in Science Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Homeland Secu
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Police Admini
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc Human Services
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc in Corrections
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security with concentration in Secure Programming
- AA: Criminal Justice
- BA: Criminal Justice
- BA: Criminal Justice - Criminalistics
- BA: Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics