Are you interested in finding out what it takes to work as a Game Warden in Maine, or a Maine Wildlife Officer? We have provided you a helpful outline that details the steps needed to be taken. Maine Game Warden requirements should be followed closely in order to reach your goals with success.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Maine Game Warden
Age: At least 20 or 21 years old requirement, depending on school degree status.
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship proof required as well as evidence of residency in Maine.
Permit: A legal Maine-issued driver’s license is needed.
Military Service: Members of the military need a dismissal detailing “Under Honorable Conditions.”
Work Qualifications: Candidates must be able to produce documentation of eligibility and identity for U.S. employment.
Legal History: Nominees should not have the following in their history:
- Present dependence to booze or substances
- Presently on court-ordered probation
- Been convicted of a crime or a felony involving moral turpitude
- Been convicted of false statement or perjury
- Been discharged or resigned from any law enforcement; or placed under threat of dismissal
BLETP (Basic Law Enforcement Training Program):
An 18-week course comprising basic police officer training in arrest, defensive tactics, search and seizure, and firearms.
Warden Academy (Advanced)
A 12-week specialty-training class comprising training on the following:
- Drug Identification
- Dangerous Apparatus
- ATV and 4-wheel Procedures
- Waterfowl Training
- Self Defense
- Wildlife Forensics
- Water Survival
- Crisis Boat Operations
- Boat Mishap Investigations
- Fish Identification
- Reptile Identification
- Media Relations
- Land Navigation
Interview: Nominees are going to have a panel interview with enforcement officers built to examine practical familiarity with computer knowledge, fast thinking, writing skills and other skills.
Medical assessment: Medical staff will evaluate the nominee.
Hearing: The applicant must have competent hearing with or without hearing devices/aids.
Eyesight: The applicant should have color vision consistent with all the requirements of the occupation, and must have great corrected or uncorrected binocular vision.
Physical Preparation: The applicant must complete a physical preparation test showing which she or he has the capacity to finish operation as shown below:
- Treading water
Mental Illness: The applicant has to maintain mental well-being that is appropriate based on medical standards.
Desirable Qualifications for Maine Fish and Game Wardens
- Display effective usage of English including both verbal and written formats.
- Display effective utilization of math including data collection, basic bookkeeping, estimating, and advanced arithmetic
- Presenting any additional language skills is an advantage.
- Knowledge of wildlife management, law enforcement and habitat resources.
- Stay dedicated to professional development.
- Efficiently use snowmobiles, boats, and ATVs for pursuit and patrol.
- Display successful use of firearms.
- School classes or professional development are an advantage.
Salary Information for Game Warden in Maine, or Maine Wildlife Officer
Game wardens in Maine take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Maine make a median salary of $45,760 per year.
41 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0041
Phone: (207) 287-8000
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Maine
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Homeland Security, BA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- JM: American Legal Studies
- JM: General
- JM: Health Law
- JM: International Legal Studies
- JM: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking) - Legal Studies
- LLM: International Legal Studies
- MPA: Law & Public Policy
- MS: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice: Forensic Psychology
- MS: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security concentration
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration concentration
- Associate in Science Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Homeland Secu
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Police Admini
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc Human Services
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc in Corrections
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS in Criminal Intelligence Analysis
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics