If you are looking for information on how to become a Game Warden in Kentucky, you have come to the right place. Here we have all the information prospective Kentucky Fish and Game Wardens will need to full understand the Delaware Game Warden requirements.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Kentucky Game Warden
Age: Must be at least 21 years of age to begin Kentucky Game Warden Training.
Citizenship: Evidence of U.S. Citizenship or naturalization records are mandatory, as well as evidence of Kentucky residency.
Permit: A legal Kentucky-issued driver’s license is required.
Military Service: If a prospective Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officer was formerly in the military, they will need to have left “Under Honorable States”.
Work Qualifications: Nominees will be required to submit to a drug screening.
Academic Requirements: Applicants must have at least 54 hours of course work or have completed an Associate’s degree.
Legal and foundation History: Applicants will need to submit to a background check to insure that the candidate has a clean criminal record. They are looking for violations such as:
- Previous crimes due to a dependence to booze or substances
- Been convicted of domestic violence or a felony violation
- Been convicted of false statement or perjury
Additional Requirements for Kentucky Game Wardens
- Written abilities test, testing for a professional use of the English language.
- Complete a 23-week class that includes basic police officer training in defensive tactics, firearms, search and seizure, and arrests.
A 12-week specialty-training class comprising training on the following:
- Drug Identification
- Dangerous Apparatus and Expandable Baton training
- Waterfowl Training
- Wildlife Forensics
- Water Survival
- Crisis Boat Operations
- Boat Mishap Investigations
- Fish Identification
- Marine Larceny
- Media Relations
- Land Navigation
- Area Training
Candidates must also complete 16 weeks of training that is practical to the job, assisted by secondary and main Field Training Officers
Two years expertise working in diversion, agriculture, natural resources or wildlife resources will swap for each year of the mandatory instruction.
Medical assessment: The nominee must be assessed by a doctor and determined to be in excellent physical condition.
Hearing: The applicant should have the ability to hear over long and short distances with or without the use of a hearing aid.
Eyesight: The applicant have color vision and have excellent vision with or without the use of corrective lenses.
Physical Preparedness (POP): The applicant must complete a physical preparation test showing which she or he can complete the responsiblities that are required by Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officers. The test includes:
- Bench press 64% of her or his body weight
- Finish 18 sit ups in a single minute
- Finish 20 pushups with no time limit
- Must finish a 100 yard swim using side stroke or freestyle, breast stroke followed by a 10 minute tread, by recovering an item from 7 feet of water, promptly followed
Mental Illness: The applicant will be assessed by a doctor to make sure that they are in excellent mental condition prior to offering employment.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Kentucky Game Warden
- Demonstrate effective usage of English including both oral and written formats.
- Demonstrate effective utilization of math including data collection, basic bookkeeping, estimating, and advanced arithmetic.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Knowledge of wildlife management, law enforcement and habitat resources.
- High moral character, truthfulness and exhibiting integrity.
- Create and maintain effective interpersonal relationships within as well as beyond the section.
- Stay dedicated to professional development.
- Efficiently use snowmobiles, boats, and ATVs for pursuit and patrol.
- Demonstrate successful usage of firearms.
- Professional development or school classes in natural resources management, law enforcement, sociology, or psychology.
Salary Information for Game Wardens in Kentucky
Game wardens in Kentucky take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Kentucky make a median salary between 40,000 and 60,000 per year.
#1 Sportsman’s Lane
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: (800) 858-1549
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Kentucky
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- Criminal Justice, BA
- Homeland Security, BA
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Human Services / Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Emergency Management & Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Policy Analysis
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Terrorism, Mediation, and Peace
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- MS in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- B.S. Criminal Justice
- B.S. International Relations and Security - Cybersecurity
- B.S. International Relations and Security - Global Security
- A.S. Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- AA in Criminal Justice
- BA in Criminal Justice
- BA in Criminal Justice - Criminalistics Specialization
- BA in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Specialization
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics