If you were looking for information on how to become a Game Warden in Kansas, you have come to the right place. Here we will provide you with the information you need to be up to date on Kansas Game Warden requirements.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Kansas Game Warden
Age: Must be at least 21 years of age to begin Kansas Fish and Game Warden training.
Permit: A legal Kansas-issued driver’s license is needed.
Military Service: Kansans that are former military will need an honest dismissal.
Work Qualifications: Applicants should be eligible to be employed in the United States prior to applying.
Legal and foundation History: Applicants must pass a fingerprint background check. This is to determine if the prospective Kansas Fish and Wildlife Officer has a clean criminal background that doesn’t include the following:
- Addiction to booze or substances
- Now or have ever been put on probation
- Convicted of a crime or a felony involving moral turpitude
- Convicted of false statement or perjury
Interview: Nominees are going to have proper panel interview with human resources staff and senior officers to gauge knowledge, expertise, and conduct.
Medical assessment: Nominees should be to get a physically active and in good health as assessed by a doctor. Prospective Kansas Game Wardens will need to submit to a drug screening.
Hearing: The applicant have to be able to hear long and short distances, as well as dialogue with or without the use of a hearing device.
Eyesight: The applicant need excellent vision with or without the use of corrective lenses.
Physical Preparation: A physical preparation test must be successfully completed by the applicant showing they are in a position to complete the responsibilities of the position. The physical assessment will include:
- Sit ups for time
- Push ups for time
- Swim test
Mental Illness: Nominees must have sound mental and mental health suited to their occupation that is possible.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities in Kansas for Game Warden
- Demonstrate effective usage of the English language including grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading for verbal and oral communication.
- Demonstrate effective utilization of math, including data collection, basic bookkeeping, estimating, and advanced arithmetic.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Knowledge of wildlife management, law enforcement and habitat resources.
- E-mail, word processing, Computer spreadsheet, GIS, and database knowledge in a networked environment is needed; the state uses proprietary software for advice and training delivery.
- Create and maintain effective interpersonal relationships within as well as outside the section.
- Stay dedicated to professional development.
- Efficiently work a 4-wheel drive vehicle, snowmobile, or ATV on terrain that is rocky for the aims of patrol.
- Efficiently use train others and firearms on safety and powerful firearm use.
- Acquainted with national and state laws and regulations associated with the surroundings as well as wildlife.
- Outstanding communication abilities, for example, capacity to correctly participate with members of the general public in a manner that is courteous.
- Power to work without oversight.
Salary Information for Game Wardens in Kansas
Game wardens in Kansas take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Kansas make a median salary of $43,750 per year.
512 SE 25th Ave
Pratt, KS 67124
Phone: (620) 672-5911
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Kansas
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice - Bachelor
- M.S. in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement
- Criminal Justice, MA
- Homeland Security, MA
- Criminal Justice, BA
- Homeland Security, BA
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Human Services / Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Criminal Justice / Law Enforcement
- A.S. in Criminal Justice
- B.S. in Emergency Management & Homeland Security
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Policy Analysis
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Terrorism, Mediation, and Peace
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- MS in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MBA - Criminal Justice
- MBA - Homeland Security
- MPA - Criminal Justice
- BSCJ – Law Enforcement
- BSCJ – Juvenile Justice
- BSCJ – Homeland Security
- BSCJ – Forensic Psychology
- BSCJ – Crime Scene Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Corrections
- MSCJ - Global Issues in Criminal Justice
- MSCJ - Law
- MSCJ - Leadership/Executive Management
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Science
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Associate of Applied Science in Public Safety and Security
- Associate of Applied Science in Fire Science
- Bachelor of Science in Fire and Emergency Management
- BS in Corrections
- B.S. Criminal Justice
- B.S. International Relations and Security - Cybersecurity
- B.S. International Relations and Security - Global Security
- A.S. Criminal Justice
- Master of Science in Information Assurance
- MS in Criminology
- BS in Criminology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Cyber Security
- Master of Science in Criminology - Cybercrime and Terrorism Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Human Behavior Focus
- Master of Science in Criminology - Leadership Focus
- Master of Science in Information Assurance - Cybersecurity Specialization
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- AA in Criminal Justice
- BA in Criminal Justice
- BA in Criminal Justice - Criminalistics Specialization
- BA in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Specialization
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics