If you were looking for information on how to become a Game Warden in Iowa, you have come to the right place. Here we will provide you with the information you need to be up to date on Iowa Game Warden requirements.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Iowa Game Warden
Age: Prospective Iowa Fish and Game Wardens will need to be at least 18 years old to enter training.
Citizenship: Evidence of U.S. citizenship or naturalization records are needed, as is evidence of state residency.
Military Service: If an aspiring Iowa Fish and Wildlife Officer was previously part of the United State Military then they will have needed to leave “Under Honest States”.
Work Qualifications: Applicants should be eligible to accept employment and work in the United States prior to applying.
Legal and foundation History: Candidates will need to submit to a background check prior to employment to check for:
- Dependence to booze or substances
- If they’ve been put on court-ordered probation
- Been convicted of a crime or a felony involving moral turpitude
- Convicted of a felony violation
- Been convicted of false statement or perjury
Academic Certificate: Iowa Game Wardens will need to complete at least a high school diploma or it’s equivalent to be eligible for employment.
Contents of Testing, include:
- A Cognitive Survey
- A writing skill evaluation
- A Character Profile Program Procedure and Screening
Polygraph Test: Candidate will be required to complete a polygraph test and answer a series of background related questions.
Medical assessment: The nominee will need to have a physical evaluation by a doctor prior to employment.
Hearing: The applicant has to have the ability to show great hearing with or without the use of hearing aids.
Physical Preparation: A physical preparation test must be successfully completed by the applicant showing which she or he can can handle the duties of the job. The test includes:
Mental Illness: The applicant should maintain mental and mental well-being that is appropriate in accordance with medical standards.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities in Iowa for Game Warden
- Show effective usage of English in both oral and written
- Show effective usage of math, including data collection, basic bookkeeping, estimating, and advanced arithmetic
- Bilingualism is an advantage
- Create and maintain effective interpersonal relationships in as well as outside the section
- Efficiently use snowmobiles, boats, and ATVs for pursuit and patrol
- A history of paid involvement in outdoor recreation or volunteer work
- Fundamental familiarity with the principles of game and fish direction
- Fundamental familiarity with the rules of nature conservation
- High showing consistent ethics, moral character and truthfulness
- Outstanding communication abilities, for example, capability to handle members of people in a manner that is courteous
Salary Information for Game Wardens in Iowa
Game wardens in Iowa take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Iowa make a median salary of $61,080 per year.
502 East 9th Street, 4th Floor
Des Moines, IA 50319-0034
Phone: (515) 725-8200