If you were looking for information on how to become a Game Warden in Illinois, you have come to the right place. Here we will provide you with the information you need to be up to date on Illinois Game Warden requirements.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Illinois Game Warden
Age: Prospective Illinois Fish and Game Wardens will need to be at least 21 years of age to enter training.
Citizenship: Evidence of U.S. Citizenship or naturalization records are needed, as well as evidence of Illinois residency.
Permit: A legal Illinois-issued driver’s license is needed.
Military Service: If prospective Illinois Fish and Wildlife Officers were formerly in the U.S. military, a departure “Under Honorable States” is needed.
Work Qualifications: Aspiring Illinois Game Wardens will need to be able to accept employment and work in the United States.
Legal and foundation History: Those looking to be game wardens in the state of Illinois will need to complete a background check prior to employment. Those who have clean criminal records can then move on to employment.
Academic Credentials: Those looking to become new Game Wardens will need to either have completed their Associate’s degree in addition to three years as a law enforcement officer where you the candidate left on good terms or they will need to complete a Bachelor’s degree.
Added Demands for Illinois Game Warden
- Will need to have satisfactory scores on physical fitness examinations
- Conservation Police Officer Trainee System
Contingent on the success of educational, physical and history variables, a nominee could be offered a trainee job to get the absolute minimum of a single year. Training is made from the following:
Basic Law Enforcement Class: 480 hours of coursework covering fundamental peace officer issues like: authority competency, patrol techniques, and human behavior.
Fundamental Conservation Police: 480 hours of training subjects offering state park, watercraft security, wildlife enforcement and site regulations, and endangered species protection.
A nominee is considered certified as a Conservation Police Officer upon passing all parts of the CPOT Trainee year and following 4 months of probation.
Interview: Nominees will have an oral interview to judge related expertise and character.
Medical assessment: The nominee is going to need to be in good medical standing as assessed by a doctor.
Hearing: The applicant must be able to hear long an short distances, as well as dialogue.
Eyesight: The applicant can use corrective lenses, but will need to have good eyesight in both eyes.
- Muscular endurance as dependent on the total amount of sit ups completed in a single minute
Proper swim standards have to be assessed upon passing POWER:
- Treading water for at least 10 minutes
- Swimming 300 yards with the proper stroke used
- Diving into 10 feet of water to retrieve a 5-lb weight
Mental Illness: The applicants must be in good mental condition as assessed by a doctor.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Illinois Game Warden
- Demonstrate effective usage of English, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, vocabulary, and writing; comprehension and reading for verbal and oral communication
- Demonstrate effective utilization of math, including data collection, basic bookkeeping, estimating, and advanced arithmetic
- Bilingual is a plus
- Knowledge of wildlife management, law enforcement and habitat resources
- E-mail, word processing, Computer spreadsheet, GIS, and database knowledge in a networked environment is needed; the state uses proprietary software for advice and training delivery
- Create and maintain effective interpersonal relationships in as well as beyond the department
- Stay dedicated to professional development
- Efficiently use ATVs and boats for interest and patrol
- Efficiently use firearms and train others on safety and firearm utilization
- Professional development or school classes in law enforcement, psychology, sociology, or natural resources management
Salary Information for Game Wardens in Illinois
Game wardens in Illinois take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Illinois make a median salary of $88,270 per year.
One Natural Resources Way
Springfield, IL 62702
Phone: (217) 782-6431
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Illinois
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Homeland Security, BA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- JM: American Legal Studies
- JM: General
- JM: Health Law
- JM: International Legal Studies
- JM: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking) - Legal Studies
- LLM: International Legal Studies
- MPA: Law & Public Policy
- MS: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice: Forensic Psychology
- MS: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- Doctor of Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security concentration
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration concentration
- Associate in Science Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Homeland Secu
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Police Admini
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc Human Services
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc in Corrections
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS in Criminal Intelligence Analysis
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics