If you are looking for information on how to become a Game Warden in Arkansas, then you’ve come to the right place.Here we have the Arkansas Game Warden requirements for you to learn more about the standards in the state.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Arkansas Game Warden
Age: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age to become an Arkansas Wildlife Officer
Citizenship: Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
Permit: A legal Arkansas-issued driver’s license is needed.
Military Service: A release “Under Honest States” is needed if a prospective Arkansas Fish and Game Warden was previously an associate of the military.
Legal and foundation History: To be able to continue the program procedure, applicants must pass a comprehensive background investigation.
Academic Qualifications: Proper equivalent of a Bachelor’s in a discipline such as criminology, criminal justice, or natural science; Or four years of military police experience or accredited law enforcement agency; Or an equivalent combination of expertise and related education
Added Requirements: Entire Arkansas law enforcement certificate training.
Commission Training: Prospective Arkansas Fish and Wildlife Officers will need to complete a 16 week training course. Training contains the following areas:
- Processes for criminal and regular issues
- Local and state special training that focuses on state regulations and Arkansas terrain
- Firearms training
- Trafficking enforcement
Added training goals and unique to timely state problems
Interview: Successful nominees are going to have a panel interview in the later phases of the application procedure.
Medical Condition: The applicant has to be analyzed with an accredited doctor and create a signed affidavit indicating that they’re in a position to perform the obligations of a wildlife trooper prior to employment.
Hearing: The applicant must satisfy the minimal hearing evaluation issued by a medical or specialized professional. The exam will include directional, long distance and voice dialogue hearing.
Eyesight: All applicants must pass a vision examination as well.
Physical Preparation: A physical preparation evaluation should be successfully completed by the applicant during the state trooper training. Nominees should have the ability to swim unaided. Applicants must successfully complete each part of the physical preparation testing.
Mental Illness: The applicant should maintain appropriate mental well-being as certified with a psychologists affidavit so that you can move on to employment.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities
- Ability to give and follow written and verbal directions
- Capability to perform duties without direct oversight
- Capability to use, fix and maintain vehicles as well as other equipment that is designated by the department
- Power to take care of firearms and exercise self defense
- Adherence to local, state and national regulations across bureaus that are relevant to Game Wardens
- Creation and deployment of efficient policies and procedures regarding natural and forestry resources
- Acquaintance and ease-of-use with word processing applications and computer spreadsheets; proprietary applications will probably be additionally employed
Salary Information for Game Wardens in Arkansas
Arkansas Game wardens take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average Arkansas Fish and Game Warden makes a median salary of $49,300 per year.
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
2 Natural Resources Dr.
Little Rock, AR 72205
Phone: (800) 364-4263
Arkansas Game and Fishing Commission
Education Programs for Game Wardens in Arkansas
- Homeland Security, AA
- Criminal Justice, AA
- Homeland Security, BA
- DEM - Emergency Management
- BS - Criminal Justice
- MS - Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration
- JM: American Legal Studies
- JM: General
- JM: Health Law
- JM: International Legal Studies
- JM: Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking) - Legal Studies
- LLM: International Legal Studies
- MPA: Law & Public Policy
- MS: Criminal Justice
- MS: Criminal Justice: Forensic Psychology
- MS: Criminal Justice: Homeland Security
- Online Teaching in Higher Education
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Homeland Security
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Emergency Management
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Global Leadership
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security Policy and Coordination
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Law and Public Policy
- PhD in Criminal Justice - Public Management and Leadership
- DBA - Criminal Justice
- DBA - Homeland Security: Leadership & Policy
- MS in Criminal Justice
- MS in Criminal Justice: Advanced Counterterrorism & Homeland Security concentration
- MS in Criminal Justice: Public Safety Administration concentration
- Associate in Science Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Criminology
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Homeland Secu
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Legal Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Police Admini
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc Human Services
- BS Criminal Justice w/conc in Corrections
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice
- MS in Computer Science - Cyber Security
- BS in Cybersecurity - Information Assurance
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cybercrime and Fraud Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Network Forensics and Intrusion Investigation
- BS in Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Masters in Financial Crime and Compliance Management
- MBA Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- MS Cybersecurity - Intelligence
- MS Cybersecurity - Computer Forensics
- MS Cybersecurity - Cyber Operations
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation
- BS in Criminal Justice - Cyber Criminology and Policy
- Computer Forensics Certificate
- Cyber Crime and Fraud Investigation Certificate
- Cyber Network Defense Certificate
- Cyber Operations Certificate
- Cyber Policy Certificate
- Cybersecurity Technologies Certificate
- Financial Crime and Compliance Operations Certificate
- Financial Crime Investigation Certificate
- Master of Professional Studies in Cyber Policy and Risk Analysis
- MBA - Cyber Policy
- MBA - Cybersecurity
- Monitoring, Surveillance, and Intelligence Operations Certificate
- MS in Cybersecurity - Electronic Crime
- MS in Cybersecurity - Malware Analysis
- MS in Data Science: Cybersecurity
- MS in Data Science: Financial Crime
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Financial Investigation
- Online Bachelor of Science in Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation - Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- BS in Criminal Justice - General
- BS in Criminal Justice - Homeland Security
- BS in Criminal Justice - Legal Issues in Criminal Justice
- BS in Criminal Justice - Public Policy and Leadership
- BS in Criminal Justice - White Collar Crime
- BS in Criminal Intelligence Analysis
- BS - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- Master - Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration
- CTU - Criminal Forensics