For those of you looking for information on how to become a Game Warden in Arizona, you have come to the right place. Here we have all the information that you will need to be up to date on Arizona Game Warden requirements.
Find schools and get information on the program that’s
right for you.
(It’s fast and free!)
Eligibility Requirements for Game Warden in Arizona
Age: You must be 21 years old or older prior to entering the academy in Arizona.
Permit: A legal Arizona-issued driver’s license is required. People must maintain a safe driving record.
Military Service: A release “Under Honest States” is needed if previously an associate of the military.
Legal and Foundation History:
You should not have the subsequent criminal history:
- Used, transported, or bought an illegal controlled substance
- Illegally distributed, transported, bought, produced, or sold a controlled substance
- Convicted of a felony violation
- Convicted of over two misdemeanors
- Dispatched or resigned from any law enforcement place under threat of dismissal
Academic Credentials in Arizona for Game Wardens
Wildlife Supervisor Background Information
Statement of Application and Private History for POST Certificate
Training for Alaska Fish and Game Wardens are as followed:
- Criminal, civil, and court proceeding
- Surroundings-special training for desert -heat and rocky terrain
- Emergency and fire practices for private and state crises
- Ethos and integrity
- Firearms training
- Trafficking enforcement
Additional Requirements to Become a Game Warden in Arizona
Interview: Prospective Alaska Fish and Wildlife Officers will need to complete a panel interview during the application process
Medical Condition: The applicant has to be analyzed with an authorized doctor who’ll attest to the nominee being ingreat physical health to keep the application process moving forward
Hearing: The applicant must satisfy the minimal hearing evaluation for Arizona Wildlife Officers
Physical Preparation: A physical fitness evaluation must be successfully completed by the applicant as a portion of the training. Including a swim portion, as well:
- One minute situps
- One minute pushups
- 5-mile run
Applicants must finish every part of the physical preparation testing.
Mental Illness: The applicant needs to maintain appropriate mental and mental health as certified with a counselor’s affidavit so that you can carry on to employment.
Desirable Qualifications and Abilities for Arizona Game Wardens
- Knowledge of local, state and national agency regulations, procedures and policies associated with natural and forestry resources are required.
- ArcGIS, Microsoft Office, Computer spreadsheet, and database software knowledge is needed; proprietary software is going to be utilized.
- Demo ability in running field work pertaining to forestry application and the natural resources.
- Successful oral communication; natural measurement abilities and forestry
- Efficiently plan, organize, and direct a number of projects as well as tasks associated with natural resource management
- complete the NWCG wildfire fighter pack evaluation
Salary Information for Game Wardens in Arizona
Game wardens in Arizona take home a great salary while pursuing a fulfilling career protecting fish and game of his or her state. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average game warden in the state of Arizona make a median salary of $46,260 per year.
Arizona Game and Fish Department
5000 W. Carefree Highway
Phoenix, AZ 85086-5000
Phone: (602) 942-3000
Arizona Game & Fish Department
Discover Programs for Game Wardens in Arizona
(It’s fast and free!)
Choose an area of study & concentration and receive free information about programs you are interested in. Federal and state game wardens are law enforcement officers and wildlife conservation specialists, so having a degree in an area like environmental science or wildlife management is just as important as experience in law enforcement.